Saturday, October 30, 2010

Skateboarding

I’ve been watching these guys around campus riding skateboards and I don know what it is but now I feel like I would like to learn also. I’ve always wanted to learn to skateboard but I was always afraid of falling on my ass and embarrassing myself in front of everyone. But I noticed a trend, the kids that an actually skate on campus skate during the day while the ones that aren’t so good wait till night when no one is there to laugh or make jokes. After noticing this I decided well maybe I should try it and see how it goes. My next task was to find a skateboard which turned out to be more of a chore than I expected. I thought I could ride down to Wal-mart and pick up a board that I like but it turns out there is a lot of research that has to go into choosing a board that suits you. You have to take into account your height, weight, and what the main thing you would use your board for will be. Another thing was how expensive they are, when I saw how much the ones at Wal-mart cost I was relieved but after I was told that they were complete crap and I was shown the real board and the real prices I thought twice about buying one. The average price of a board is seventy dollars and the good ones are even more money. I think I’ll hold out on my urges to skateboard for a while till I get some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment